Friday, February 24, 2012

Creating Autumn inspired Texture Blend Photography


It's Friday again, and it's time for another Texture Blend Photography tutorial. This time I'm going to show you the creative process in the making of one of my most popular Autumn inspired works.

As usual, I'm going to start with the original image. It is important to point out that the photograph was taken in the afternoon right before sunset, the time of day when colors look very intense and beautiful.


First thing I did was to adjust the Levels, Hue/Saturation, Vibrance and Curves as shown on the images below:

1. Levels

2. Hue/Saturation, Vibrance and Curves

Here is the image after the adjustments were done:


Next step, of course, is adding a texture. I'm currently working on a texture collection of my own, that hopefully will be available very soon. Meanwhile, you can find some free textures on the net, or you can visit my previous post for more detail on the one that I used for this work.


This is how the image looked after applying the texture with Linear Burn blending option and Opacity 75%:


The image looked pretty good, but I thought it would get even better if I made some additional tweaks to sharpen the image. First, I applied Smart Sharpen Filter (go to Filter/Sharpen/Smart Sharpen), and these were the settings I picked:


The texture has this vignette like effect but I wanted to darken the edges of the image a bit more, so I used Burn Tool with Soft Round Pressure Opacity - size 1500, Midtones, and Exposure 27-35 %.


I painted the upper and lower parts of the Background image in order to increase the contrast with the middle part. And here is the final result:


Thank you very much for stopping by and reading this. I will appreciate your comments, so please don't hesitate to leave some :). If you like my work you can find more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment